The International Institute of Refrigeration (IIR) is the only independent intergovernmental science and technology based organization which promotes knowledge of refrigeration and associated technologies that improve quality of life in a cost-effective and environmentally sustainable manner including:
- Food quality and safety from farm to consume
- Comfort in homes and commercial building
- Health products and service
- Low temperature technology and liquefied gas technology
- Energy efficiency
- Use of non-ozone depleting and low global warming refrigerants in a safe manner
The bylaws of the IIR as an intergovernmental organization were defined by an International Agreement signed on December 1, 1954 and a General Regulations for the Applications signed on November 20, 1956.
Members of the IIR include 58 Member Countries. Member Countries take part in IIR activities via the commission members they select. Moreover, companies, laboratories, universities… can become corporate or benefactor members of the IIR.
The IIR provides its members with tailored services meeting a wide range of needs for member-country, national and international organizations, decision-makers, researchers and refrigeration practitioners.
IIR Corporate Brochure